- Post the project idea as an issue in the Github Project Ideas repo
- Designate the project leader
- Recruit a team as needed, either in person at civic hack night or through the Google Group
- Check out Tools for Civic Hackers to help with proof-of-concept or implementation
- Talk to the Delivery Lead (email@example.com) for any help you need
- Please Organize your project using either Github Issues, Trello, or within our Slack group.
- Ask a member for access to the Code for San Jose Github Repo.
- Keep your master branch on the Code for San Jose Github repo.
- If possible, please use branches and not forks!
- Keep your Github repo’s Readme up to date with the following info:
- What your project is about
- Installation instructions
- Project status
- Instructions to post to the issues
- Talent needs
- (Optional) Contact info of the project leader
Keeping Things Going
- Get the contact information of everyone on your team
- Plan to communicate and meet with your team outside of Civic Hack Nights to make progress, especially if your team members can’t always attend hack nights
- Check in with the Delivery Lead at least once month, or whenever you need help getting resources
- Keep the discussion going on your Slack channel!